Looking for wedding playlist pointers? Look no further. Make sure your wedding playlist keeps wedding guests dancing the night away and spirits high. Here are our recommendations for some of the best dance floor hits that we love.
This story may contain affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the link at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate we earn from qualifying purchases.
wedding playlist pointers
After you walk down the aisle and say your I-do’s, it’s time to party! This list will guarantee that your wedding guests will hit the dance floor—and stay there.
Don’t have a special song? Check out our list of songs that make us swoon.
- “First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes
- “Harvest Moon” by Neil Diamond (This is perfect for a fall outdoor wedding!)
- “Make You Feel My Love” by Adele
- “I’ll be Your Mirror” by Velvet Underground
- “Mario Kart Love Song” by Sam Hart (If you or your honey are gamers, you will appreciate this one!)
- “L.O.V.E” by Michael Bublé
- “Flightless Bird, American Mouth” by Iron & Wine
- “Nothing Can Change This Love” by Sam Cooke
FILL THE FLOOR
There’s no excuse not to dance when one of these songs is playing.
- “Hey Ya” by Outkast
- “Young Folks” by Peter Bjorn and John (This is an indie favorite!)
- “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” by Michael Jackson
- “Get Up Offa That Thing” by James Brown
- “Push It” by Salt-N-Pepa
- Country Roads by John Denver (An iconic West Virginia favorite!)
CLEAR THE FLOOR
Face it. Folks are TIRED of flapping their arms and jumping up and down. Here are some songs our readers—and experts—say need to be retired from every wedding playlist.
- “Chicken Dance” by Werner Thomas
- “YMCA” by Village People
- “Shout” by The Isley Brothers
- “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice
- “Cha Cha Slide” by Mr. C
- “Wild Thing” by Tone-Loc